Yamaha Arius YDP 162 PE Digital Piano
The Arius YDP-162PE from Yamaha is an 88-key digital piano featuring a graded-hammer action keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops designed to emulate the feel of an acoustic piano. It has damper, sostenuto, and soft foot pedals with continuous control and provides playback from two oval speakers and built-in dual 20-watt amplifiers or two 1/4" headphone jacks.
The piano allows for selecting between a soft, medium, hard, or fixed touch response to correspond to the performer's individual playing style. The PureCF sound engine powers ten built-in voices that are based on samples taken from the company's concert grand piano. Two voices can be layered for creating new sounds.
A built-in two-track MIDI recorder allows for capturing a performance and playing it back. Using the feature, right- and left-hand performances can be recorded separately at any tempo, and then either hand can be played back by the piano for additional practice. Fifty songs are built-in, allowing for additional learning opportunities.
- 88-key digital piano
- GH (Graded Hammer) weighted keyboard mimics the different-sized hammers for the different-sized strings of a real piano
- White keys feature synthetic ivory keytops with good moisture absorption properties, meaning that fingers won't slip even when playing for extended periods of time
- 128-note polyphony
- Pure CF Sound Engine features the recorded sounds of Yamaha concert grand pianos
- Acoustic Optimizer physically adjusts the sound flow, controlling resonances and enriching the overall sound
- Ten presets
- Fifty preset songs built-in and also presented as a music book
- Combine two voices together, such as piano and strings
- Two-track song recorder
- Record the right and left hands separately for hands-separate practicing at any tempo - practice one hand, while the piano plays the other
- Reverb and damper resonance effects
- Transpose keyboard up or down half an octave
- Dual 20W amplifiers
- Two built-in speakers
- Dual headphone outputs
- When connected to external speakers, the built-in speakers can be muted
- Taller than previous ARIUS models, the larger cabinet size helps the instrument deliver a deeper piano sound